Probably the best chocolate and orange cheesecake in the world ! This one honestly takes some beating – chocolate and orange is already a winning combination, but with this delectable coconut and nut base, and creamy orange filling, this cheesecake proves that raw vegan desserts can be completely mouthwatering.
INGREDIENTS FOR THE CRUST
½ cup raw almonds
1/3 cup pecan nuts
1/3 cup pitted dates
- You will need a 4 inch springform pan (available in US here, or UK here). By all means line it with cling film, plastic or parchment (greaseproof paper) – if not, ensure you grease it all over with coconut oil.
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor, and process until crumbs are formed and it’s sticky to the touch.
- Now press the above mixture into the base of the pan, working your way up to the sides. Place in the freezer until you have made the filling.
INGREDIENTS FOR THE FILLING
1 cup raw cashews (pre-soaked and drained)
1 sweet orange, freshly squeezed (plus the zest of one put aside for garnishing)
- Place all the ingredients in a high-speed processor (link), and process for a while until totally smooth – the mixture must be thick but very smooth.
- Now carefully pour this mixture onto the base crust. Then place back in freezer whilst you make the ganache topping.
INGREDIENTS FOR THE GANACHE TOPPING
- Place these ingredients in a wide mug or bowl, and mix for a couple of minutes with a fork. Taste if you wish, and remove your cheesecake from the freezer.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the centre of your filling, making a circular motion with the chocolate mix on the surface. Then, using the back of a spoon, ever so carefully evenly spread the mixture, which ought to be slightly thick.
- Garnish with the orange zest, and re-freeze for an hour. Then place in the fridge for 4-5 hours before serving it. Or better still serve the next day ! Enjoy !
All recipes and content © Miriam Sorrell mouthwateringvegan.com 2010