This soup is simply delicious and so simple to make – and the rewards lie in the taste. My young daughter loved it, and she is a fussy eater, I have to say. The combination of ingredients result in a very satisfying taste and texture – one of those ‘must repeat’ soups. Gentle, yet full of flavour. Enjoy with some crunchy brown bread. Nutritious and delicious in a bowl.
Serves 3 to 4 as a starter
2 leeks, chopped
2 Tbsp olive oil, for frying
1 large zucchini, chopped
2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
3 cups water
2 tsp vegetable granules or 1 vegetable stock cube * (Kallo is a good vegan brand)
the juice of half a lemon or lime (or adjust to your tastebuds)
½ tsp turmeric powder
salt to taste
¼ cup vegan milk (soya, nut or coconut)
a handful of flat leaf fresh parsley, roughly chopped
* Stock cube eg here is a brand which is vegan :-
- Fry the zucchini and leeks until they have a little colour, stirring frequently.
- Next, add the garlic and veg granules, and mix for a minute or so.
- Now add one cup of water every 5 minutes, and allow to simmer gently for a half hour.
- Add the milk, lemon juice, and remaining ingredients, except for the parsley.
- Remove from the heat, and, using a hand processor, add in the parsley, and process until the parsley is minced in the soup.
- Serve and enjoy !
All recipes and content © Miriam Sorrell mouthwateringvegan.com 2010
These are free recipes for your pleasure – all we ask in return is that you take a few moments to leave us a constructive comment !suitable for vegans, vegetarians and meat-eaters alike