This is a gentle, subtle, and yet most memorable pesto with the most unique ingredients. Exquisite, succulent, and aromatic – a true ensemble of tastes that play the most delicious of culinary symphonies.
Serves 4 portions
2 cloves garlic
½ cup roasted hazelnuts
4 marinated artichoke hearts
4 sundried tomatoes
½ cup fresh parsley
4 Tbsp (60 mL) extra virgin olive oil
1 cup (250 mL) nut milk, or other vegan
1 tsp crushed black peppercorns
½ cup vegan melting cheese
salt to taste
- First put your pasta on the heat, in a large saucepan full of boiling water, and cook according to the packet instruction.
- Then place the garlic and nuts in your food processor, and process until very fine. Now add the parsley, and pulse until ingredients are all quite small.
- Next, add the artichokes hearts and sun dried tomatoes, and process again. Then add the remaining ingredients, except for the nut milk, and pulse until well blended.
- After you have cooked your pasta, and rinsed it a little with cold water, add the pesto mixture to your saucepan, with half the milk, and mix until heated – for less than a minute.
- Then throw your pasta in, add the remaining milk, stir, taste for salt, and serve hot.
- Garnish with freshly chopped parsley and crushed black pepper. Enjoy !
All recipes, content & design © Miriam Sorrell mouthwateringvegan.com 2010
These are free recipes for your pleasure – all we ask in return is that you take a few moments to leave a constructive comment !