ROSES ARE RED, BERRIES ARE BLUE – MOUTHWATERING DRINK IS HERE FOR YOU
Valentine’s Day or not, this IS the real thing folks – the real treat, and one to kick-start a cold day off with love, warmth and affection. I created this with an inner knowing that it was going to be a master hot drink – soothing, full flavour, it kicks without the pain, and you sure will lick your lips when they make contact with this nectar paste. Amazing thing is, it lingers after you drink it – what a memorable and EASY TO MAKE treat !
Serve with my MOUTHWATERING BERRY CHEESECAKE !
INGREDIENTS FOR 1 MUG (double for 2)
- ½ cup of frozen raspberries
- 1 medium sized mug of spring water
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (taste for sweetness, remember that raspberries are tart)
- a pinch of ground red chilli powder
- a pinch of ginger powder
- 1 dessert spoon of natural rose water (I used Steenbergs Organic Rose Water)
- 1 tsp virgin coconut oil (I used Biona Organic Virgin Oil)
- ¼ tsp cardamon seed granules (or powder)
Heat up the raspberries with the water in a small saucepan – then add the remaining ingredients, and process well with a hand blender or place in a liquidizer and process.
Strain the liquid, as the raspberry seeds will need to be removed – taste for sweetness, and then serve hot with love.
Pour the nectar, and smile with pleasure . . .
All recipes, content & design © Miriam Sorrell mouthwateringvegan.com 2010
These are free recipes for your pleasure – all we ask in return is that you take a few moments to leave a constructive comment !