It all started off with a large cauliflower head – a wonderful giant snowball in the fridge, looking at me – and me wondering, “now what can I do with you ?” Marry you with a carb, stick in some protein, herb you up and drop some colour on you. So, that is exactly what I did. The result, a quickly prepared recipe for all the family to enjoy ! This is super delicious !
Serves 3 to 4
- 200g angel hair pasta – boiled, rinsed with cold water and set aside
- 250g VEGAN cheese that melts well, grated
- olive oil for drizzling on top
- ½ a large (or 1 small) cauliflower – use the florets, steamed, and set aside
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon of vegan margarine of your choice (see what is available in your local store)
- 1 cup vegan cream (I used Provamel)
- a handful of fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
- around 12-15 cherry tomatoes
- 2-3 cloves garlic, very finely chopped (optional)
Grease a Pyrex (or similar) oven dish – a transparent one is nice, as you get to see the extent of crunchiness from the underneath and sides, and it looks more impressive too. Meanwhile, add all the ingredients, except for half the chopped basil and tomatoes, in a large bowl, and mix well with a fork.
Next, place in your dish, even out, and garnish with the rest of the basil leaves. Drizzle on some more olive oil, and place in a hot oven for 20 minutes, then remove from oven to place your tomatoes on top. Cook for a further 20 minutes until golden all over – it’s great when you let it get a goldenish medium brown in colour. Serve with a salad of your own choice. Enjoy !
All recipes, content & design © Miriam Sorrell mouthwateringvegan.com 2010
These are free recipes for your pleasure – all we ask in return is that you take a few moments to leave a constructive comment !