ABOUT THIS RECIPE
A mouthwatering creation that cropped up in my mind before bedtime last night. I suppose subconsciously I have been rustling up ideas for the Festive Season. So here it is for you from me, in advance of ANY Festive Season. You will love how easy and fast it is to make this scrumptious recipe. I am so happy with the result !
Serves 2/3 persons as a starter
- 100 grams of pecan nut halves (fry them gently in olive oil for a few minutes, or roast if you prefer, and set aside)
- 2- 3 garlic cloves
- 2-3 sprigs of fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1 fresh sage leaf (optional)
- 1 tbsp vegan butter or margarine
- salt to taste (don’t omit this please)
- 2 slices of crustless wholemeal bread (wet in water and squeeze out excess water)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp cognac
- a tiny bit of black pepper (optional)
Place the nuts, garlic and parsley in a food blender and process until very fine (it will take a minute or so, so use your plastic spatula every few seconds to scrape off any excess on the sides of the bowl, and reprocess).
Now add the vegan butter, bread, olive oil and salt, and process for a further minute. At this point add the remaining ingredients and process again for another minute.
Scoop and serve in small little bowls with crudités, or perhaps small whole-meal toast wedges, crackers of your choice or even wholemeal pitta bread – whatever tickles your fancy ! Happy nibbling !
All recipes and content © Miriam Sorrell mouthwateringvegan.com 2010
These are free recipes for your pleasure – all we ask in return is that you take a few moments to leave us a constructive comment !