Rich in vitamins of all sorts, this salad is both delicious and filling. It’s a wonderful spring or summer salad and can be eaten with fresh Italian ciabatta bread dipped in a little olive oil and lemon (YumEEE),or as an accompaniment to any light meal (such as quiche) – it’s your choice. But I am sure that you will enjoy this, however you wish to serve it.
Serves around 2 portions.
- around 10 cherry tomatoes, washed & cut in half
- 1½ cups tinned chickpeas, rinsed & drained
- ½ medium sized Spanish red onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- a handful of fresh flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- ½ orange pepper, cut into medium to thin slices lengthways, and again widthways a couple of times
- 6 or 7 fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
Easy as pie. Just toss the ingredients in a bowl of your choice, and make a dressing. I recommend the following dressing with it.
- juice of 1 large lemon
- double the amount of extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ tsp sugar
Place the above ingredients in an empty clean jar, close and shake until thick and smooth. Then drizzle as much as you like on your portion of salad.
Bon Appétit !
All recipes and content © Miriam Sorrell mouthwateringvegan.com 2010
These are free recipes for your pleasure – all we ask in return is that you take a few moments to leave us a constructive comment !